Finally, the guide you’ve been waiting for!
No more confusion over whether you should visit Moncton!
Is Moncton Worth Visiting?
Yes. Visit Moncton. Stop wondering. It’s a great place to visit and live in. I’ll tell you why below:
5 Reason You Should Visit Moncton:
1) The Beach- Beaches are important for Canadians, which is why it’s worth a few hours of your life to go to the beach here. You can get up close and personal with water at Dieppe Beach or take a splash around in one of three concrete pools on the shores of Okaloacogee Bay – if that suits your fancy better. The Moncton waterfront is a wonderful place to relax with your friends, or go for a long walk, swim or bike ride. Plus, the beach itself feels nice, and there are plenty of places to get good food with great views.
2) The Downtown – You may be surprised to find that Moncton’s downtown atmosphere is much more urban than what you’d expect for Canada’s smallest city. In fact, this city has one of the largest downtown areas per square mile in North America. I’d have to say that it’s pretty cool if you love cities.
3) It’s safe – Moncton is actually one of Canada’s safest cities. Even with that being said, it is still very safe, one of the safest cities in Canada. Furthermore, Moncton’s crime rate has dropped to about the same average as other major Canadian cities. So, if you’re a little nervous about security when you’re travelling out of the country, I’d say you can take a little comfort in that on your Moncton excursion. You’ll sleep easier and not wonder if you left anything valuable behind in your hotel room while staying in Moncton.
4) It has a great history – Once upon a time, this place was called “the City of Five Nations” because there was a community here of First Nations people who spoke five different languages. This city is rich with history, so you and your friends will learn interesting tidbits of information about this place while you stay here.
5) It’s friendly – Moncton is overflowing with friendly people and the population is very multicultural. So many different cultures have come together in this city, resulting in a very diverse place to call home. So, whether you’re looking for a place where you can get along with lots of people of different backgrounds, or just want a change from the cold winters of eastern Canada, Moncton probably has what you’re looking for.