When Does Child Support End in New Brunswick?

Child support is a vital part of the financial stability for any child. Whether you have joint custody or not, it is required by law that your non-custodial parent provide support to you and your child. The last thing any of us want to do is take the necessary steps to go after our ex partner for their responsibility and they often avoid paying up.

There are a few ways in which one can handle this situation, but the quickest way would be to contact New Brunswick’s Family Maintenance Enforcement Program (FMEP). This program was established in 1977 and helps enforce court ordered payments from non-custodial parents living in Canada, as well as outside of Canada who owe support payments. The FMEP will work with the non-custodial parent to collect payments and will assist with locating them in the event that payment is not received.

The program has helped many people who are struggling to get back on their feet from a divorce, as well as an economic downturn or any other financial means. One needs only to fill out the account search form online and they will be sent a letter requesting payment be made.

This can help with the finances of one person in New Brunswick while taking care of their children’s needs and helping them get back on their feet. If you need assistance with this, visit the Family Maintenance Enforcement Program (FMEP) website at www.fmepnb.ca [https://www.fmepnb.ca/].

Remember, you have a right to child support. If you need to know how long you will get paid for your responsibility, please contact the Family Maintenance Enforcement Program (FMEP). They will work with you to make sure that the money is paid accordingly.

When Does Child Support End?
{If you have an issue with the way a court order or agreement is being enforced, see Maintenance Enforcement.}

Child support ends when the child turns 19. It also ends if the child has left school before the age of 19 and does not intend to go back. The child must be living on their own as well. In some cases, the court may extend this, depending on the circumstances at hand.

{Check with a lawyer for more information about how child support is enforced in your case.

Leave a Comment